1. Sport fishing gear. The following fishing gear is permitted: Fly rod, spinning and reel rod, tow line, (including so-called long haul) and fishing rod. Fishing gear may not be fitted with more than a maximum of 3 hooks or other baits. Only one fishing gear may be used at a time. Other fishing gear or fishing methods may not be used. This means a ban on feeding fish, so-called "mashing".
2. The fishing license is personal. It must be brought during fishing and on request presented to the police, fishing supervisor or fishing right holder.
3. Family discount. Children under the age of 16 who fish in the company of their parents or guardians can fish for free without a fishing license.
4. Minimum dimensions for caught fish: Trout 35cm and Grayling 25cm. Redness no minimum.
5. Prohibition. During the period 1.9-31.10, fishing is prohibited in flowing water. For the area's rivers, a ban applies within a distance of 200 meters from the inlet or outlet in Ottsjön. NOTE fishing ban 100m down and upstream of the barrier in Storån.
6. Storån completely protected from the ice melt until 31 May. Limited number of fish 5 hours, per day and fishermen. In Storån, sport fishing with fly lures or sprinters applies. NOTE Mask and baited hook are prohibited. Fishing from a boat or other floating tool is also prohibited in Storån.
7. Fredad is Ottsjön's part of Vålån from Ottsjön to the road bridge. Temporarily protected for all fishing, the area around the riding ford is from Skålsviksudden in the west to Rävsandsudden in the east and right across. See red marking. Ice fishing is allowed in the protected zone from o with 2021
In case of violation of rules, a control fee is charged.