Rules for 24-hour fishing license in Floda-Björbo Fiskevårdsområde
No less than six river rapids, Käringforsen, Fänforsen, Hagelängsforsen, Skålforsen, Forsgärdsforsen and Hagforsen, flow through Björbo and Dala-Floda, on a distance of only 15 km.
The booking confirmation is valid as a fishing license within Floda-Björbo's fisheries conservation area according to the area's regulations. The fishing license must be carried when fishing and presented on request to the police officer or fisheries inspector.
Rules for tourist fishing licenses
- Fishing may be conducted against the issue of a fishing license in all waters in Floda parish with the exception of Basttjärn in Trolldalen.
- Children under the age of 18 fish for free in public waters in the company of a guardian if a guardian has obtained a fishing license.
- Fishing may only be carried out with the following gear:
Spin, reel, fly, angling or fishing rod and mare (not the rapids).
Märjde must not be used in precious fishing waters or rapids.
- Angling is allowed in all lakes and ponds.
(except for noble fishing waters with special fishing licenses and Långsjön)
Max 15 fishing rods per card, minimum size fishing hook 10cm.
- All fishing with fixed gear aimed at precious fish is prohibited.
- All crayfish fishing prohibited .
- In Östra Glasögontjärn only fly rod fishing is allowed.
- All fishing from boats and floats is prohibited in precious fishing waters.
Exceptions: Närsen, Älven, Gryssen, Långsjön and Olsen (Orsen).
- Prohibition of drift fishing with bottle (bolt) or similar in all precious fishing waters.
- All precious fishing waters: Fishing may only be conducted with 1 hand-held rod per person. A maximum of 2 precious fish may be caught per card and day. Minimum dimensions for Trout 35cm. Also applies to streams and other smaller watercourses where fishing is allowed (not the rapids, see below).
- Noble fishing in all rapids:
a) Only one handheld rod per person and card
b) Only grayling and trout between 35-45 cm may be retained, all others must be released regardless of condition and only one trout and one grayling per fishing license and day may be retained.
- Grayling fishing prohibited from 1 May to 1 June due to play.
Trout fishing prohibited in flowing water from. 15 Sep to 1 Nov. If trout are caught in flowing water when grayling fishing is conducted during the period 15 Sept to 1 Nov, it must always be released regardless of condition or size.
- Pike fishing, Pike under 75 cm in length may be taken up, all pike over 75 cm are released. Applies to all waters
- Rules for fishing in Käringforsen - Special rules - Eco-Fishing:
(These rules apply to both tourist cards and place cards)
a) Organic fishing so called Catch & Release.
b) Fishing permitted only with fly rod, fishing rod, spinning rod and only fly as bait. Hooks must not be baited with live bait (worm, fish or larvae are prohibited)
(c) All fish caught must be released regardless of the condition of the fish.
d) Even fish that have been severely damaged must be killed and put back in the rapids.
e) No fish may be retained.
- Fishing ban 100 m upstream, 100 m downstream and 100 m out into the river at Fänforsen rest area.
Any violation of the fishing regulations will be prosecuted. The fishing license must be carried when fishing and presented at the request of the fishing supervisor. Supervision takes place continuously. According to the annual meeting resolution and the Fisheries Conservation Areas Act §31, the fisheries conservation area has the right to charge a fee of SEK 400 for illegal fishing.