Sport fishing with hand gear in the river is permitted after obtaining a fishing license.
Our supervisors ensure that they are followed. In the event of any violations of the fisheries management area's rules, a control fee may be charged as below. Violation of other rules may lead to a police report.
If you see or catch sick/damaged fish, the FVO wants you to report it to SVA. (State Veterinary Medicine Institute.) https://rapporterafisk.sva.se/
Dates and Quotas:
- Fishing for salmon is prohibited from 1 May - 16 June and from 15 September - 31 December.
- Catch limit at other times of a maximum of 1 salmon per day and 2 salmon per year and fisherman
- Trout fishing is prohibited between September 15 and October 31.
- Catch limit other times of a maximum of 1 trout per day and 2 trout per year and fisherman.
- Grayling is prohibited from fishing April 15 - May 31. To protect the spawning grayling, the FVO recommends that you refrain from grayling fishing before April 14.
- A total fishing ban prevails in the river between September 15 and October 31.
- Salmon 50 cm Trout 50 cm Grayling 35 cm
Please note that fishermen should avoid wading in the river and not fish where trout and salmon are spawning.
Stop fishing for salmon, trout and grayling at high water temperatures
The FVO has its own thermometer/flow meter and information about water temperature and flow in the river is posted on the website. www.abyalven.se.
The fishing council has approved that fishing for salmon, trout and grayling is stopped when the water temperature in the river, according to the website, is 18 degrees or higher.
You can find the temperature on our website here: https://abyalven.se/
Fishermen who have lost fishing licenses are not entitled to compensation for lost fishing days due to high water temperatures.
Other rules according to the regulations of the Norwegian Maritime and Water Authority.
- Anyone who fishes is obliged to submit a catch report for trout and salmon over 50 cm within 24 hours of finishing fishing.
- Details of the applicable species, length, number and whether the fish has been killed or reintroduced must be noted. This must be done via a form at Ifiske. You can choose that the catch report is not published on the website, but is only saved for the board and fishing inspectors.
The following control fees may be charged if the rules are violated:
- Violation regarding the number of salmon/year SEK 4,000
- Violation regarding the number of trout/year SEK 2,200
- Violation of the fishing ban 16/9 to 31/10 SEK 2,200
- Culling of incorrectly hooked salmon (read more below) SEK 1,100
- Catch report not submitted SEK 1100
- Not bringing a valid fishing license SEK 1,100
- Information: If you break the rules, you may be contacted by one of our supervisors. They will then ask for your personal data. The board then decides whether an inspection fee is to be charged. If this happens, you will be notified of this and a payment card. The decision can be appealed.
- Feel free to restock fish you don't need.
- To preserve the valuable large spawners, it is recommended that you restock all female fish and fish larger than the following measurements:
Salmon over 90cm
Trout over 70 cm
Grayling over 45 cm
Things to consider when reintroducing fish:
- Never handle the fish with dry hands.
- Leave the fish in the water while you release the hook carefully with pliers or pliers. Hold the fish until it stands on its own, then gently let go. Remember not to stress the fish unnecessarily!
- If the fisherman catches a salmon during the permitted time that he judges to be so damaged that it will not survive, the fisheries supervisor must be contacted for a decision to kill the salmon. Contact details for the fisheries inspectors can be found on the association's website
Killed salmon belongs to the village association where the annual general meeting for the year was held and must be handed over to them
Wrongly hooked fish:
- A properly hooked fish should be hooked inside the mouth. The hook should sit in the mouth hooked from the inside out.
- If the hook is on the outside of the mouth, the fish must be considered wrongly hooked, and therefore must be returned dead as alive.
. In tea to forget:
Protect nature and keep it clean! We cooperate with Keep Sweden Clean.
Leave the places you visit the way you want to find them.
If you see something that needs to be fixed or if you want to suggest something, please contact us.
2023-12-05 | https://www.ifiske.se/en/fishing-permit-abyalven-m-fl-vatten.htm?rules=947 | www.ifiske.se